Wednesday 25 June 2014

A Diego Birthday Cake

It is a nice compliment for someone to ask you to make a cake similar to one you've already done. Which is exactly what happened with the Diego cake I made for my son's birthday! A lady I work with told me a while ago she would probably get me to make her grandson's birthday cake since his mom had just had twin girls and would be busy with them. His favourite right now is Diego and so she asked if I could make one like Anthony's birthday cake. I starting thinking right away on how I could improve the cake. I did make a few changes, but I kept the same layout, just changed the bottom tier to a 10 inch round cake instead of square.

This time I decided to put the Bobo Brothers on; the mischievous monkeys that are always causing trouble for Diego. Luckily you just have to yell "Freeze, Bobo Brothers!" and they start behaving again. I wish that worked for my kids!


Paw prints around the back for Diego to follow to help the animals in trouble.


Rescue Pack and Baby Jaguar were a must since they are Deigo's faithful sidekicks. I was a little hesitant to put Diego on in case he broke in transport. So when it finally stopped raining long enough for my co-worker to come and pick the cake up, this is how it looked!


I told her she would have to send me a picture of the cake with Diego on top, and here it is!


Little Joshua was "absolutely thrilled!" with his cake. Apparently he dragged each new arrival over to see it! That is probably the best part of making a birthday cake for a little boy or girl - their reaction! It is an important day for them, so might as well make it extra special!


No comments:

Post a Comment