Friday 20 June 2014

Care Bear Baby Blanket

I love Care Bears, always have, always will! They were super popular when I was little and for my 4th or 5th birthday my Grandma gave me a Care Bear book. It had stories, colouring pages, a photo gallery of all the Care Bears and their cousins. I spent hours looking at it; wore the pages right out! So, when I saw this Care Bear panel there was no hesitation! I knew I was going to buy it. Actually, I bought two. With the coordinating fabric and fleece, of course! It is all or nothing with me! I also have Care Bear pillow squares that I think were bought on a separate Fabricland shopping spree. It was many years ago, I can't remember! But don't worry, I have plans for it all!

My sister was looking though my stash a quite a while ago and came across the Care Bear panels. She really like them too. They are Care Bear after all, who wouldn't like them? I told her that if she ever had a baby girl I would make one for her. And so, if you read the post a couple down you will know she recently had a baby girl! I kind of had it in my head that the baby was going to be a boy so I wasn't in a rush to make the blanket. Until, that is, a couple days before my niece was born and I had a dream that it was a girl! One of my first thoughts was - I am never going to get that blanket done on time! And I didn't. At least not for her baby shower, but I did get it done for her Baptism!


I hand quilted it, and got it done the night before! I may be a bit of a procrastinator, but I always meet my deadlines! At least almost always! Lucky for me baby panels are pretty quick to do. If you don't do the hand quilting, and just do ties, panels are probably fastest way to make a baby blanket. And there are so many cute baby panels hanging on the walls at Fabricland. The hard part is picking one out!




I love how hand quilting puffs everything up!


And matching fleece for the back!

As soon as my sister pulled the tissue paper out of the bag she knew what it was! There may have been a few late nights, but it was well worth it!

2 comments:

  1. I love this blanket, Jen! And I remember your CareBear book...it was hardcover! That's all I remember:)
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that book too!
    Therese loves her blanket!

    ReplyDelete