Tuesday 17 June 2014

Lunch Bag

I've thought about making myself a lunch kit for quite a few years now. I actually stated one when I was in grade 12, but didn't like it so I never completely finished it. Several years later, I was surprised to find one of my brothers using it for his school lunches. Even if it was ugly and didn't close, I guess it still worked!

I started looking around for patterns and the best one I found was this one by Virginia at Gingercake Patterns. It was exactly what I was looking for. I wasn't too keen on spending $8 on a pattern for such a simple project, but I had attempted to make my own once already and it didn't turn out so well! And I really liked this one!

I bought one of those pre-cut bundles of coordinating fabric from Walmart, sat down one evening and sewed it up.



In the end I'm glad I bought the pattern, it is cute, easy to follow and it turned out how it was supposed to! And now I have an awesome lunch bag, and the pattern to make more for my family! No more paper bags in this house!

1 comment:

  1. The old blue lunch bag!! Hahaa
    This lunch kit is so pretty! You have so many good ideas!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete