Wednesday 16 July 2014

Pretty In Pink

My little girl is growing right out of her sleepers. She only has a few pairs of pajamas that don't have feet in them, and even those ones are getting a little small. I have a couple of pajama patterns and some flannel, so I figured it would be fun to make some for her. I had a week off and kids and I went to visit my parent's. I was planning on bringing the flannel and a pattern to make my daughter some pajamas while I was there. Of course, I forgot it.

So I was telling my mom how I was going to do this and she suggested we go rummage through the shed to find the pattern I had used to make pajamas for my sister when she was little. Almost everything is in the shed, flannel included, the trick is finding the right box!

We were lucky enough to find a piece of flannel just big enough and the pattern too! I cut them out one evening and sewed them up the next afternoon and then dug through the button box to find 4 matching buttons.



My mom even had a tag for me to use!



She tried them out when we went camping the next weekend. They fit her pretty good, with room to grow!


My mom sent me home with a few more old patterns for nightgowns that I really want to make, they are just so adorable! That will be a fall project, the summer is too busy already!

1 comment: