Monday 25 August 2014

M&M's!

My birthday finally rolled around! The last one of the year for my family! (Although the boys are convinced their sister's is last because it is in the winter. Her's is in January and I've given up trying to explain the calendar to them!)

This year I decided to make my own cake. I was trying to remember the last time I make my own cake, and honestly, I couldn't. Which makes me think I never have. My mom always did before I was married and now my husband usually buys me a Blizzard cake, because he knows how much I love Blizzards. He was feeling a little bad about me making my own cake. He says "I would make you a cake, but let's face it - I just can't make that." as he gestured to the disaster on the table. He is right. I don't think anyone can make a mess like I can! He actually did make me a cake one year. It was teal and purple and he used my happy feet cake stand! It was fantastic!


A friend of mine has been sending me pictures of cakes she comes across, and the last one was of an open M&M package. I loved how simple and bright it was, so I decided to make it for my birthday. I did make it a little different instead of having Red and Green (are those their names?) flat on the cake, I made them 3D.


It turned out so nice! I think it is the brightest cake I have ever made! It was a definite hit with the kids. They kept stealing M&M's off of it when they thought no one was looking! Good thing there were lots of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment