Friday 10 May 2013

Baby Accessories

I know you are probably tired of reading about baby stuff - this is the last one for a while...I think! :)

I wanted to get these things done before Victoria was born, but never had the chance until a couple weekends ago. The first project was a change pad for my purse.

I am not a fan of carrying a purse, and a diaper bag and a baby in a very heavy car seat, while trying to steer boys in the right direction. I just don't have that many arms. So for short trip, or running down town etc. I'll just throw everything I need in my purse. Pampers, wipes, receiving blanket, extra sleeper... I have a big purse. This is fine, except then I can never find anything! I decided the solution was a travel size change pad with a pocket so I could bundle everything all together.






I've used it many so many times already! It's so handy!

The other project was a car seat blanket. I saw this on Pinterest (directions here!) and thought it was a great idea. The blanket is attached to the car seat! One less thing to hold on to! I went down to my fabric stash and an hour later had this sewed up.






It is just perfect for this spring weather we are *finally* getting!

On a side note, I'm going to change the name of this blog to Jen's Crafts and Cakes...or Jen's Cakes and Crafts?  It seems more fitting since half my post are cakes! And if you don't have a google account etc. there is also an "anonymous" option for posting comments if you so desire!


2 comments:

  1. The teddy bear in the car seat is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just the right size to try it out!

    ReplyDelete