Wednesday 29 May 2013

It's a LEGO Birthday - The Cake

Months ago, when Seth said he would like a LEGO cake for his birthday, I started thinking about how I was going to do it. I wanted to put a pirate mini figure on it and I didn't think there was any easy to do that. Until, that is, I came across the silicone form. I made it out of Rice Krispie cake because I wanted it to stand. The treasure chest is made out of Rice Krispie cake as well. I hollowed it out so I could fill it with chocolate loonies. And for the bottom boarder I used my chocolate LEGO's.








The awesome candles I made!



My LEGO pirate model and his treasure chest! He stood so still and never once complained! ;)



This cake turned out so great! Way better then I expected! Someone asked me how long it to make, and honestly I don't know! A couple hours here and there add up. I do know that time I put in was all worth while when Seth got up on his birthday morning and said "WOW! I really like my cake! WOW!"

No comments:

Post a Comment