Sunday 26 May 2013

Birthday and Anniversary Calendar

This is another Pinterest project I've had my eye on for quite sometime. I wanted to make it for my mother-in-law for Christmas. Obviously that didn't pan out! Plan B was to get it done for her birthday.

The calendars I saw on Pinterest only listed the birthdays and I thought it would be really nice to add in the anniversaries as well. I came up with a design that I thought would be nice and headed out to the garage to find a big enough board. I did find one - I think it was what was left over from the ruler!

I ordered the letters, circles and hearts from this great Canadian site called Wood Things and got ready to paint! I printed out the words and traced them so that they were outlined in the wood. I took me quite a few days to paint. I had to do 2 or 3 coats on everything and I haven't done that much painting so my hand was not all that steady! I distracted the boys by giving them their own boards to paint. They enjoyed themselves immensely!

At one point my mother-in-law came over unexpectedly and saw my mostly painted board in the kitchen leaning against the wall. She thought it looked pretty good and I tried to brush it off as just another project. Someday I will learn to put stuff away!

The end result was great! It is one of those project that turn out so well you want to make it again. (Luckily I bought extra circles!) I just did the immediate family since I wasn't sure what my mother-in-law would want, but, when I have time I'm going to add the extended family as well. It should look even better with longer chains.





No comments:

Post a Comment