Sunday 14 July 2013

Red Roses

About a month and a half ago a lady called me in a panic for a wedding cake. Luckily we were going to be around on her wedding weekend, so I was able to help her out. It was a pretty straight forward cake - 2 tier, white, black ribbon and red roses. As I as making the roses I realized that I have made pink, white, burgundy and blue roses, but never red roses! Red is such a tricky colour. You have to use a lot dye or you'll end up with extremely bright pink! In this case I used well over half a bottle and my roses look very red!








We delivered it to the hall and the bride thought it was beautiful. It made me happy that she was so happy with it! It is a nice feeling, knowing your contribution made someone's day a little more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment