Thursday 18 July 2013

Beach Bags!

I've had this Butterick pattern for a couple years now and I finally got around to making it! Part of the struggle was finding canvas I liked! I checked at Fabricland and they only had solid colours. Turns out Walmart had just what I was looking for. I haven't bought any fabric at Walmart since they got rid of their bolt fabric. It was a very sad day for me when they removed their cutting tables. It was my main reason for going to Walmart! Now they only sell pre-cut fabric and the selection never changes. I was, however, pleasantly surprised to find they had a nice selection of canvas.


I haven't used this one yet since I didn't have the contrast fabric in the right colour. I should be able to get 2 medium size bags out of one bolt.

Here are the bags I did make!










I didn't use the fusible interfacing, so the sides aren't stiff. They are so perfect for going to the park, or beach, or grocery store, or anywhere!


I need to make some more! So handy and so much cuter then the ugly Extra Foods bags I have! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love my beach bag!! I'm going to use it as my craft bag...keep all those unfinished cross-stitches and strings together! :) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete