Wednesday 31 July 2013

A Pink Zebra?

My husband's niece's birthday was last week. Months ago she asked me if I would make her a cake. This is about the 3 year in a row that she has asked. It never worked out in the past, either they were on holidays or we were. This year I was determined to make it work! We were gone the week before her birthday and they were going to be up at the lake for her birthday so I needed a fairly simple cake that needed no prep work! I've wanted to do zebra strips for a while, and decided this would be the perfect occasion. Pink is one of her favourite colours so that is what I went with. It is a little wild maybe, but great for a 9 year old!





When we packed up the car for the lake, I made sure there was a safe spot for the cake - on the floor, under Victoria's car seat! It actually made it there safe and sound! We dropped it off at their camper as soon as we got there. Avery had quite the surprise when she got back from the beach! She loved it! She came running and gave me a big hug! I was so glad it worked out and I was finally able to make her a cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment