Monday 15 April 2013

"What is happening?!?!"

Another birthday in our house! For his 3rd birthday Anthony decided he wanted a Lightening McQueen cake. I've made a couple Cars cakes already, so this one I based on Cars 2.

Since I wasn't about to make McQueen, Mater, and Francisco, and I knew Anthony would love some more cars from the movie, I went out to buy them. I found Francisco but I couldn't find a Lightening McQueen or Mater. The whole cake depended on these cars so we were planning a trip into the city to get them when I had a brilliant idea! I texted my siblings in Saskatoon and asked if anyone wanted to do me a favor. Luckily for me my brothers volunteered. They braved Walmart, found the cars, put them in the mail and saved the day!

I got busy making the rest of the cars for the grandstands, and cookies for his name. The grandstands I made out of rice krispie cake. Stirring those marshmallows was probably the hardest part of the whole cake!

I based the cake on the boy's favorite scene from the movie - Mater is racing down the raceway with the bomb and McQueen is trying to catch him. He finally hooks on to Mater's tow hook just as he lights his rockets. They go speeding past Francisco, who was in the lead, and he shouts "What is happening?? It is a bad dream!!".



I disguised Finn, the super spy car, as a bush! And you thought it was just a random bush! :)



I really liked how this cake turned out. I have to say it is one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment