Sunday 27 January 2013

Pink and Sparkles

Last spring there was a benefit auction for my husband's little cousin and I decided to donate a gift certificate for a cake. It was bought by the mom of a girl in my son's daycare class to use for her third birthday.

Carly came up to me at day care one day and told me she wanted her cake to have pink icing, sparkles and Belle and Aurora. Being the mother of 2 boys, (and happy to announce, now a baby girl!) I had to ask who Aurora was. Turns out she is Sleeping Beauty. I didn't realize Sleeping Beauty had a name - I'll have to watch that movie again!

I started making the princess a few weeks ago, and I made 2 of each just in case I broke one. Color flow is so thin - it doesn't take much for it to crack. Turns out it was a good thing I had made extra because I did break them. I was really quite worried about the surviving princesses breaking as well, so I said a few prayers and fortunately there were no more accidents!

Her birthday party was held at the pool, so with the help of my sisters we loaded up the cake and safely delivered it. I must say it was a huge relief to see it set up!



Carly was very happy with it! And she made me the sweetest thank you card -




No comments:

Post a Comment