Friday 18 January 2013

The Fish Room

My husband has what we call a "Fish Room". At one time there were 6 or 7 fish tanks set up, now there are only 3. That makes it sounds like he scaled back, and in a way he did, but now we have a 90, a 50 and a 30 gallon tank with one little corner left for my crafting stuff! Last spring he decided he needed a big arm chair for his fish room so he could sit, relax and watch the fish. This was acquired one weekend while the boys and I were visiting my parents! So now there was just one thing missing - an end table for beside his chair. I got the idea of building one for him out of the scrapes in garage for Father's Day. It never got done until just before Christmas when one for my brothers came for a weekend. I have amazing brothers. They are always willing help!

We quarantined off the laundry room, since the garage was too cold, told my husband we were fixing the deep freeze, and got to work. I don't think he fell for the fixing the deep freeze line but we had to tell him something! :)

For using scraps left over from the ship it turned out really well. I'm glad Miles helped me. I probably wouldn't have got it to stay together by myself! I created a collage of our family fishing pictures and got a piece of glass cut for the top.





No comments:

Post a Comment