Thursday 7 February 2013

It's A Baby Shower!

Lately I've been liking the idea of gift baskets. They are fun to put together, and when you are shopping for a baby there is no end to what you could put in it! Instead of using the typical basket, however, I bought this little box...


and painted it like so...


because what baby doesn't need a place to keep his or her's (in this case - his!) first toys? I then sewed up a double sided receiving blanket, and an extra one for a girl while I had the serger out. I've since come across a better way to make double sided receiving blankets, so I'll be making some more!





Did some shopping for a baby boy, that hasn't arrived yet - but will soon! And finished off my baby boy gift basket. It contains - a toy box, a receiving blanket, tiny rubber boots, a sleeper, 2 outfits, a rubber duck, teething rings, baby spoons, snack containers, linking rings for attaching toys to strollers etc, Q-Tips, and a bib.


I also helped my sister make a baby blanket. Normally I hand quilt these, but since I was also expecting my own baby and didn't think I'd have time to get it done, I tied it. It turned out just as cute! Who doesn't love Tigger?!


No comments:

Post a Comment