Sunday 26 January 2014

A Playhouse For The Birthday Girl!

I wanted to make my daughter a card table playhouse for her birthday. I though it would be the perfect gift - it can be taken down and put away, if need be, and it can be enjoyed for years by everyone. I made one once before so I knew what I was getting myself into! This time, fortunately, I gave myself a little more time and had more ideas of how to decorated it. Once again, I only used fabric from my stash.


The outside walls:







The inside walls:


The pot on the stove and the oven are pockets so she can cook, and the fridge has two pockets, as well, that open to the side.



There is a pocket in the chair for her dolls to sit in.


The boys wanted to contribute some art work, so I gave them some fabric crayons and they coloured some very nice pictures. The top on is a "maze" so I framed it, the other I made into a toy box.


The dresser drawers are pockets and the bed has a pocket too!



All sewn together:


Raggedy Ann is taking a nap!




And sitting in the arm chair.






It was a lot of sewing, but I got it done *just* in time for her birthday. She's not the only one who enjoys it though, her brothers are in and out of there all the time too!






It will be so much fun to take outside too! I'm very much looking forward to spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment