Thursday 2 January 2014

4th Annual Mystery Supper

We hosted our 4th Mystery Supper last weekend and it went over very well. It was fun, as always, it's something we always look forward too. This year we thought we would mix it up a bit and invite some new people. Not everyone could make it, which was unfortunate, but couldn't be helped. It's a busy time of year, and of course there is always next year!


Our menu:

Appetizers -

A Pile of Rubble (Nacho Platter)
Log Cabin (Celery and carrots stacked to be a cabin with a cucumber roof)
Travis' Special (Bacon wrapped smokies)

Entree -

A Road Divided (Fork)
Jack's Last Name (Knife)
A Soggy Stooge (Ham with pineapple sauce)
Asparagus (Junior, a friend of Larry's)
Sweet Sticks (Sweet potato fries)

Dessert -

Pinch of a Pint (Spoon)
One Tree Hill (Cream puff with a chocolate tree garnish)


I meant to take pictures of all the items, but of course when the time came I was so busy serving I completely forgot. I did take a picture of a left over cream puff the next day.





The point of a mystery supper is that you don't really know what you are ordering, unless of course you figure out the clues! Some of the clues are a little easier then others, although I do admit I try to make it as hard as I can! I don't want people to get it right! My husband had his dessert for the 2nd appetizer, and for dessert he had to eat his nachos with a knife! At least he got to eat the entree with a fork - unlike some others!

It is getting harder to think up different menus! I'm running out ideas for food that can be eaten with your hands - if necessary! I might have to go back to our first menu for our next mystery supper! Or perhaps pick the best of the best from each menu!

And Travis - I thought you would enjoy the bacon wrapped smokies! The name really confused people! You'll have to come for supper next time you are in town. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment