Friday 1 November 2013

Hallowe'en

Hallowe'en has come and gone for another year. The last couple years I haven't made any costumes. I found some good deals at a garage sale, and so the boys wore those. This year the boys wanted to be Captain America and a Ninja Turtle. I decided it would just be easier to buy those costumes!


I didn't have anything for my little girl, so I made her an angel costume using Simplicity pattern 2835. Since our fabric store is unfortunately closing out I was unable to get the fleece I needed, so I ended up buying a fleece blanket from the Bargain Stop and used that! I bought a skirt from the dollar store, since I didn't have any netting, as well as a halo. I made her wings out of foam and glued glitter on them, which may have not been the best idea! While it looked cute, there is now glitter all over her car seat! I think she will be sparkling for a few days!


She didn't like her halo very much, so we replaced it with a pretty white toque. She didn't like that either, but I kept putting it back on! It was a very nice evening for trick or treating, but it did cool off. At least there wasn't snow like last year.

Here are a few costumes I made for previous Hallowe'en's...


Pandas are my favourite! Simplicity pattern 2783.


Performing monkey! I really like this costume. Both of my boys wore it. Simplicity pattern 3594.


And a baby knight in shining armour! Both my boys wore this one as well. Simplicity pattern 2835.

1 comment:

  1. I love the monkey!! And the panda bear is adorable!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete