Sunday 9 December 2012

Advent Calendar

Last November I came across this Advent Calendar on Pinterest.

I decided then I was going to make it for my kids for next Christmas. The thing I really liked about it was that the nativity characters were made with Shrinky Dinks. I had some Disney Shrinky Dinks when I was a kid. I thought they were the neatest thing ever. I had completely forgot about them and certainly never thought they would still be making them. Of course, I found the plastic at Michaels. You can find everything there!

Making this Advent Calendar completely slipped my mind until a month ago but I really wanted to get it done before December 1, so I got to work on it.

Since the above link isn't a complete nativity scene I used the characters from this site.

I made mine a little smaller and put it on the fridge with magnets instead on of a canvas. For the first 11 days I put in little ornaments to hang on the Christmas tree.

Here are my awesome Shrinky Dink people ...


The finished product, and a close up of what it will look like on Christmas morning!



And it hanging on the fridge!






No comments:

Post a Comment