Wednesday 28 November 2012

Christmas Cheer for the Bathroom!

I've always wanted a Christmas shower curtain. Don't ask me why! Maybe because the bathroom always gets skipped in the Christmas decorating, and changing the shower curtain is the only way to make it more festive. The only place I've ever seen them is in Jysk and I could never bring myself to buy one. When I asked my husband what he thought of the whole idea he said something like "I really don't see the point". Regardless, this year I was determined to get one. I found some online that I really liked, but wasn't prepared to pay $70! That is when it struck me - I would make my own!

On a trip to Fabricland I found some panels in the bargain bin that were perfect, picked out some fabric for the borders and then proceeded to the cutting tables where I waited and waited and waited and considered just leaving but really didn't want to give up after I was so close to having my shower curtain. People really need to learn fabric-buying etiquette. I did finally get my fabric cut, and headed home. A little measuring, some cutting, about an hour of sewing and my curtain was done! All I could find for eyelets were actual curtain sized ones, so that is what I used, but it turned out great! The bathroom is now the only room in the house decorated for Christmas!





Our bathroom is a little small, so it is hard to get a good picture, but you get the idea! Now I'm inspired to make one for every season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment