Tuesday 15 December 2015

Chevron Denim Rag Blankets

I made these a while ago, and I must say I love how they turned out. I had a couple bins of denim that I finally decided to something with. By the time I cut all the squares I had blisters on my fingers and had to take a break for a few days because I couldn't even hold a pair of scissors!

Instead of sewing an x across the squares to hold the batting I stuffed them to create puffed rag blanket. I made the squares 6 1/2 inches square. I don't know how much bigger you would want to go if you were stuffing them.

For the boy blankets I put the rag to the front,



For the pink and purple I did the rag to the back. I think I like this way better.



I would love to make one of these to fit a twin size bed, only with flannel on both sides. A lot of little squares - but it would look good!


No comments:

Post a Comment