Monday 20 October 2014

Pressed Flower Cards

This is my PIF (Pay It Forward) project for 2014; I've been working on it all summer. When we bought flowers for the flower bed I tried to pick ones that would press nicely. Then I dried flowers using my flower press that I got for Christmas last year. It worked really well, much better then using phone books.

My original plan was to make coasters, but they didn't turn out very well. I used Mod Podge and stuck the flowers to tiles. Initially, they looked so nice but as they dried the colour of some of the flowers faded away. They looked awful. So I scrapped that idea and decide to make cards instead. I wasn't really looking forward to coating them 5 million times with Mod Podge anyway.

I have this collection of card paper for card making, complete with stickers. I picked out some paper that I thought went with the flowers and after that it didn't take long to put them together.





I made up some envelops and stuck the matching stickers on them,


bundled them up and mailed them to my PIF friends!


I like them! Next year I'll be drying more flowers!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Vibrant colors! love them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was hard to give them away!

      Delete
  2. Sarah gave one of these cards to me for my birthday! I love it!

    ReplyDelete