Thursday 27 March 2014

An Update!

So, I have run into a little trouble. I'm working on a quilt called Mexican Train (although my quilt doesn't have trains on it, so I might have to rename it!). The pattern was for a smaller throw and I wanted to make a queen size quilt so I had to guesstimate the amount of fabric I needed. I guesstimated wrong. I suppose I really should figure these things out. I've looked at a couple Fabriclands and have had no luck finding what I need. If I can't find the fabric I'll have to take off a couple rows, turn it into a twin size, and use that fabric to finish it. Not the outcome I wanted but I won't have any other option.

Then my sewing machine started squeaking. I oiled it all up and it still squeaked, so I took it in for maintenance and luckily all it needed was a good cleaning and oiling internally where I could not get at. In the process of looking for my sewing machine manual I came across my very first cross stitch...



I got it for my birthday when I was 11 or 12. It took me so long to do! Now I wish the cross stitch I'm working on was as simple as that one! I am almost finished page 2 of 25 of Peach Chorus! It is looking great, and I love it! It just might take me a few more years...

While I figure out what to do with my quilt I've been using my scrap flannel to make baby blanket tops. So now I have 3 baby blanket tops a quillow top done, but no fabric for the backs! I need to get to Fabricland!


No comments:

Post a Comment