Monday 8 October 2012

200 Cupcakes

On Saturday one of my husband's very good friends was married. My husband was best man, and I was asked to make the cupcakes, so between the two of us there was a lot going on! Luckily the in-laws took the boys so I didn't have to worry about them snitching!

The task of making 200 marble cupcakes with cream cheese frosting seemed daunting. I've never done that many cupcakes before. It took hours, but most of the time I was waiting on the oven since I could only bake one pan at a time. If I ever build a house it is definitely going to have 2 ovens!



The decorating started off a little rough - turns out you can't beat the cream cheese too much if you want it to stay on a cupcake! I got the second batch right, thank goodness! I got these boxes from work. They were perfect for transporting. 23 to a box, 9 boxes, 2 trips!


They looked pretty good and everyone enjoyed them. Hard work, but well worth the time put in.





1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jen, those are fantastic! I can imagine the time you put in!

    ReplyDelete